How to Clean Smashed Bugs from Walls & Ceilings
May 19th 2021
We’ve all done it – watched a juicy bug crawling along a wall and promptly squished it without factoring in the mess we’ll undoubtedly leave behind. But now what? If you’re on the Lower Mainland and looking for residential or commercial ceiling and/or wall cleaning, Magic Mist is here for you. If you’re willing to tackle the job in your home, here are a few tips to help remove bug residue:
• Fill a bucket with warm, clean water.
• Add all-purpose cleaner (refer to the bottle for proper ratios). If you want to make your own cleaner you can add one teaspoon non-abrasive dish soap (such as Dawn) and two teaspoons white vinegar for every one cup of warm water.
• Soak a cleaning cloth/rag in the solution and then squeeze out excess liquid. For walls or ceilings made of porous materials (brick or stone),a scrub brush will be more effective.
• Now get scrubbing. Gently, of course. You want to remove the smashed bug residue without damaging your wall or ceiling.
• After you’ve given the bug residue a scrub, remove any remaining stains by adding a small amount of baking soda to a damp sponge and gently wiping in a circular motion until the stain is removed.
• Wash off the cleaning solution with a damp cloth and then dry it well with a towel. You do not want to leave behind water marks or drips.
• That’s all there is to it. Next time, before grabbing a magazine to wallop the tiny intruder, maybe you’ll consider gently shooing it outside, saving yourself the extra cleaning.
If, after cleaning that small spot, you notice that your whole wall or ceiling needs a good clean – let us know! Magic Mist’s methods are quick, hypo-allergenic and effective at cleaning walls and ceilings. Our enzyme-based cleaning solution allows us to safely and efficiently brighten and sanitize most surfaces for half the cost of having a ceiling painted and up to 30 percent of the cost to replace ceiling tiles. We cover all your furniture, so there is minimal mess! Magic Mist offers amazing results that endure over time, even with nicotine or grease stained ceilings. Not only does our cleaning process bring back the clean look of your ceiling, it improves air quality by removing dust and bacteria that may contribute to health concerns for you and your family.
Read more about our process, learn more about our residential ceiling and wall services, or contact us directly for a free estimate! If you are in the Lower Mainland and would like a free estimate, we will assess your requirements, fully explain the process, and if necessary, spray a small sample area to showcase what the results will be. Prior to scheduling an appointment, we will provide you with a firm written quote clearly outlining all work and associated costs. Residential ceilings should be thoroughly cleaned on an average of every five to seven years, while nicotine or cooking grease stains should be removed whenever they become noticeable.